About the role
We're looking for people with strong computer science fundamentals and an entrepreneurial edge to take on challenging engineering assignments based on public cloud (primarily AWS and GCP). As part of a dedicated product team, you'll turn architecture diagrams into scalable software components that are able to process high data loads and serve millions of users. We don't expect any 1 individual to tick all of the boxes below, we do expect you to be curious and learn fast.
We’ll expect you to be a constructive team player in a specific product team, while also contributing to our technical principles across all back-end-end activities. You grasp the product development process, underpinned by modern operational delivery principles. On a daily basis you'll assess product objectives and turn user stories into functioning software together with our front-end engineers.
Core knowledge and abilities:
- Infrastructure: hands-on experience with GCP or AWS and preferably officially cloud certified, grasping serverless principles and practices
- Architecture: ability to contribute to cloud diagrams and weigh the pros and cons of key decisions (including cost considerations)
- Programming frameworks: deep knowledge of at least one of the following: Python (Django), .NET, PHP (Symfony), JS / TS (Node)
- APIs: you can confidently build REST APIs in a microservice architecture and understand alternatives approaches
- Databases: extensive SQL experience and core understanding of various database types and their limitations
- Data modelling: mapping out database schema's with scalability in mind
- CI/CD pipelines: you can set up and manage deployment pipelines (Github Actions, Azure pipelines, CircleCI or other)
- Automated testing: test-driven development using unit and integration tests as well as end-to-end tests
- Monitoring: error and performance monitoring with Sentry or similar services
- Stress testing: testing APIs and end-to-end applications at scale
- Security: you're aware of best practices to safeguard information security
- Language: solid reading and speaking skills in English required
- Thought leadership: you love to share your learnings with your peers
- Front-end understanding: you know how a React front-end application works
- As a plus: keeping your eyes on evolutions in nocode or lowcode frameworks
We offer a friendly, dynamic and inspirational working environment with a strong team that celebrates outstanding engineering. During our bi-weekly software engineering labs sessions we share experiences from the various products that we're building. A fair compensation, office snacks and fun afterwork drinks are included of course!
Want to work on the edge of the digital industry? Apply today!
We're flexible with regards to remote work, but we do expect you to be at one of our offices at least 1 day per week for team cohesion.
Leuven, Belgium (Hyphen One - Kolonel Begaultlaan 1A/51, 3012 Leuven)
Kyiv, Ukraine (123 Peremogy Avenue, office number 520)